• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 31, 2019

    Kingdom Come I wouldn't expect a skyrim amount of mods for this game. Only 853 downloads of the modding tools.

    Kingdom Come I wouldn't expect a skyrim amount of mods for this game. Only 853 downloads of the modding tools.


    I wouldn't expect a skyrim amount of mods for this game. Only 853 downloads of the modding tools.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 03:42 AM PDT

    The Joys and Frustrations of Monastic Life--Love this Game!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:41 AM PDT

    The Joys and Frustrations of Monastic Life--Love this Game!

    Patterns of Life and Light

    I come to KCD from 5000 hours in Skyrim and looking for something that grabs me as it has. I am not good at combat. I cannot 'get gud' with KCD's particular sword-fighting demands. I did, however, manage to mod in some polearms which, together with my talents in alchemy, compensate reasonably well for most needs so far. Henry is such an endearing character and the world of 15th century Bohemia is so satisfyingly rendered that I am now nearly 150 hours into it and loving this game. And I will admit that KCD is at least as good a flower-picking simulator as Skyrim (now on hold, but never abandoned, for the duration). But there is so much more.

    I have just completed "Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience" along with its series of quests to deal with Pious the renegade outlaw. I have read that the monastery quests cause some players to nearly quit the game in frustration. I understand why, but I want to say how much I both loathed and enjoyed the experience in equal measure. I spent five full days in the cloister, following my prescribed daily routine, going to mass twice a day, eating with the brothers, and working in the library and fratery during the day and sneaking about the place all night finding scattered pages and cozying up to drunken Circators. I had to backtrack with save reloads several times to get all the jobs done to my satisfaction. What I found so tedious and annoying in it all was the ridiculous amount of time wasting I had to do to prevent being disciplined for straying from my novitiate's schedule, especially since my 'duties' actually took only a few minutes of the allotted hours in the daily routines. What I found compelling was exactly the same thing—the deliberately slowed pace of life in the monastery.

    It forced me to take the time to really imagine what it would be like to be cloistered in such a monastic existence. Some of the NPC novices are understandably wormy about that prospect of enduring the same routine day after day for the rest of their lives, but about the third day of my virtual novitiate, I began to see that there might also be joys in such a life, especially if I could spend my nights reading in the monastery's library like Novice Siskin. I began to appreciate the beauty echoing in the music of the brothers' chants at mass, and to notice the intricacies of the architecture in the monastery itself and the patterns of light that play across the rooms as the day progresses—even to find comfort in the mealtime clatter of spoons under the droning reading of St. Benedict's rules for monks. It offers an existence of introspection, inner peace, and comfortable predictability.

    But, of course, as with people everywhere, there are factions and discontents below the calm surface. I left the monastery with both Brother Nevlas and the Circators informed of each other's sins. I only wish I could return to discover who would become the next Abbot when it was all sorted out!

    All in all, my time as a novice in a medieval monastery has been a strangely refreshing and meaningful experience in a video game, and well worth the accompanying frustrations. Onward to the next quest in this beautiful game!

    submitted by /u/labyrinthia
    [link] [comments]

    Oh boy

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Hi! I made /r/KingdomComeMods and am looking for moderators - ideally modders themselves

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 05:24 AM PDT

    Hi all!

    A while ago I made this subreddit hoping for the day that Modding Tools would be released, now that they are, if you're interested in becoming a Moderator to help shape the subreddit please drop me a message with reasons why you'd like to be a Mod and if you have experience running subreddits and/or themeing them, etc.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kurozael
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone play this game with an RX 5700 (non xt)?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:27 AM PDT

    I'm considering an upgrade from a 1060gtx to rx5700 and just wondering if anyone uses an non xt 5700 and how their fps are? I'm playing game at 1080p ultrawide and could do with a boost in fps to make the game more enjoyable.

    submitted by /u/camy252
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in awe of how I was able to drop this torch and have it stay like this

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 04:37 PM PDT

    Just finished the main story line and that’s it?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:24 AM PDT

    Is there going to be another game or a huge DLC that finishes the game? Theres so much left in the story!? I want to finish!! Haha

    submitted by /u/FishAhoy
    [link] [comments]

    Steam Halloween Sale

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:09 AM PDT

    Happy Halloween! 👻🎃🕷️

    If you don´t own Kingdom ComeDeliverance on PC yet, to enjoy our new modding tools, we have amazing news for you!

    It's Steam #Halloween Sale with discounts up to 50% on Kingdom Come: Deliverance & its DLCs! Don´t miss it.

    https://store.steampowered.com/app/379430/Kingdom_Come_Deliverance/

    submitted by /u/Dr-Fusselpulli
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need the DLCs for a complete experience?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:06 AM PDT

    Are the DLCs kind of expansions to the main game or just simple add ons with new quests and additional stuff?

    submitted by /u/Rabygon
    [link] [comments]

    Finished this one today, not sure what to think of the ending ��

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:19 AM PDT

    Question about Armor stats

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:44 AM PDT

    I have the Nurembergian cuirass but instead of the normal 25 25 10 stats I get 25-2 25-2 10-1. Why is that?

    submitted by /u/r_thurmorgan
    [link] [comments]

    Pribyslavitz Question re: Citizens

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:29 AM PDT

    With many of the "judgments", some of the results alter the number of citizens the village has. I can't find anything in game that suggests whether or not the number of citizens even matters, since they don't appear to correlate to the production of income. Does anyone know what effect (if any) population has on the village?

    submitted by /u/Landwalker04
    [link] [comments]

    I had hopes for halloween

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:05 AM PDT

    I wanted to see at least someone here dress as Peshek and go around just shouting HEY LAD at people

    submitted by /u/arvhult
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get the PC version instead?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:21 AM PDT

    Just downloaded KCD on Xbox game pass. I have the One X.

    The game seems promising but the graphics are real inconsistent and for me it's quite jarring.

    For example, the draw distance is terrible, the worst I've seen on this console. Same goes for textures. They load in once I'm within 20 feet of a building. The lip syncing is almost non existent half of the time and some objects such as the cabbage at the town market are like PS2 graphics.. (I know people use that a lot as an exaggeration but I'm not exaggerating)

    Hate me if you want for this but these days games are often quite visually stunning and my standards have become quite high for graphics. These kinds of things are just so distracting to me..

    Is it much better on PC?

    My specs are:

    Radeon r390 GPU i7 5820k 6core 3.3 ghz CPU 32gb ram

    TL:DR: Xbox one X graphics are disappointing, how do they compare to PC and is there much for tweaking on PC?

    submitted by /u/stevehillage
    [link] [comments]

    THANK YOU FOR FIXING THIS!!! I’m so happy to see my wife wearing the 700$ dress I bought her!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:24 PM PDT

    KCD aka Farkle Simulator

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 09:33 AM PDT

    So, I'm loving this game. I spent the first several hours sneaking around and stealth killing bandits, robbing remote settlements, and otherwise engaging in general scumbaggery until I could afford decent gear. Now I'm decked in full plate, wielding Stinger, and easily wrecking most opponents. I just finished Baptism of Fire, and I'm on my way to Merhojed for the next quest.

    I expected to enjoy the combat and the armor system. One thing I did NOT expect was to be able to play dice with random villagers, and I am having way too much fun with it. More than half of my skills are woefully neglected, but oh boy do I find time to take peasants for all their hard earned Groshen. Last night I logged in to sell a bunch of looted Cuman gear and practice my bow skill (Aside: I am a real-life archer for over 20 years, and even learning as a 10 year old I was better than Henry at 0 bow skill, it's unrealistically wobbly /Aside) but instead I played dice for two hours.

    I can see myself beating the main story, then rounding up all of the optional and DLC quests I can find for a while and eventually feeling like I've done all there is to do. Even after that, though, I can easily see myself playing just for the dice. I'll retire, put on my finest nobleman's attire, and toss the bones at the Rattay tavern.

    Anyone else way too fond of the Farkle mini game?

    submitted by /u/Gh0stC0de
    [link] [comments]

    So what do you think this will play out in the next game, supposing it follows the time line

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 11:10 AM PDT

    Console Player now on PC

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 12:07 PM PDT

    Let me first say I do not wish to bash the console community or any console users. This is just my opinion and experience a gamer.

    I have put easily 400+ hours into KCD on PS4 and have recently switched to PC. HOLY SHIT ITS A DIFFERENT GAME!! .... in all the best ways!

    The control, the freedom, the flexibility! Idk it's like I can actually move around!

    This may sound weird but it's like I'be been playing through the game with weights on, and now with keyboard and mouse I am free.

    Anyway, I LOVE this game and am exited to use mods. First one installed was hoods up, my fuck Henry looks cool! Any other big immersive mods people suggest?

    submitted by /u/MostlyRiley
    [link] [comments]

    Noob

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 05:55 PM PDT

    Buyed the game laat week and i am really pleased with it. I was wondering if there is a moment in the game when the main quest is "waiting" for you so I could take plenty of time to doo side quest/exploring/hunt/gathering herbs witout fearing of missing something ?

    submitted by /u/hamadryus
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to run editor or game executable in mod tools directory

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    When I try to run the editor, I get the error message ""Crysystem.dll can't be loaded". Checking EditorLauncher.log displays the following:

    2019/10/31 14:09:47 CmdLine: '"D:\Games\KCDModdingTools\bin\win64releasedll\editor.exe" ' ERROR: The path to shared DLLs can't be set Loading CrySystem.dll ... ERROR: CrySystem.dll can't be loaded Win error ID: 183 Cannot create a file when that file already exists. 

    Trying to run kingdomcome.exe from the same location yields the error message "Failed to load the Game DLL! WHGame". Checking kcd_launcher.log displays the following:

    2019/10/31 14:14:25 CmdLine: '"D:\Games\KCDModdingTools\bin\win64releasedll\kingdomcome.exe" ' ERROR: The path to shared DLLs can't be set Loading icons... Creating splash... Checking if another instance is running... Working dir is set to 'D:\Games\KCDModdingTools\bin\win64releasedll' Loading Game DLL 'WHGame' ... ERROR: Failed to load the Game DLL WHGameWin error ID: 183 Cannot create a file when that file already exists. Exiting... 

    I'm using Win10 and have tried to run the editor both in normal mode and Administrator mode. As you may notice from the log, I have my tools in an unusual place - D:\Games\KCDModdingTools. I have my retail version of the game installed to D:\Games\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance.

    Anybody know what might be going on here?

    submitted by /u/brownnblackwolf
    [link] [comments]

    Where/how to grind lockpicking?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 04:26 PM PDT

    I play on PS4, I've managed to work out lockpicking, so this isn't a "how do I do it question", but more that I've got it to level 4 and now I want to start working it up to 10+ (assuming lockpicking gets easier and I can start working on the harder locks which I still can't do). Is there a place where I can practise lots? I thought I could just keep using the Millers practise chest but after a while it just gets stuck "open" instead of relocking.

    I guess I could just pick a town and go all burgular on every home, but I'm also a bit worried about tanking rep.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/shontsu
    [link] [comments]

    Guards randomly arresting me?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 01:16 PM PDT

    I've gone to Sassou for the sole purpose of training my lockpicking right, because that skill is ridiculously useful for one that's so stupidly time consuming and annoying to level up.

    So I'm walking around, and after I see some guards approaching I pull out a torch so I don't look suspicious, but immediately they run and start attacking me. I surrender, and they say I crippled someone and whatnot.

    I don't understand this game. I silently knocked out like one person in the dark with no witnesses and so far, I haven't gotten anything more than a warning for trespassing. This is actually the second time I've been thrown in jail for 10 days even though I've never been caught doing anything.

    What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Srgtgunnr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment